Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A roundup of almosts and could've beens

I haven't been posting as much this summer, dear readers, mostly because I keep coming across stuff I get excited about and want to share with you, but then five minutes later I'll decide "Nah." I seem to be quite the tough critic lately. (I know. Lately? How about always and forever?)

Like this dresser I noticed in one of Todd Selby's emails about someone's groovy house he recently photographed somewhere.



OK, I just looked it up and it's "Karen and Avril at home in Auckland, New Zealand." Actually, it's very worth clicking through if only to see the weirdly great duvet cover these two made out of old brassieres and girdles. I was also captivated by the photo of Avril and the little city she's working on, probably because it reminded me of the miniature cities my brother I used bang together down in our basement when we were kids. Ours weren't half as fragile and carefully done as Avril's, I'll tell ya that much.



OK, moving on.

I was also going to post about this artist's project of photographing runners after running, and then again, normally dressed.



And about these "brilliantly sarcastic responses to completely well meaning signs."









But I just couldn't get it together to get them up here until now. Finally! Done!

1 comment:

neilwaukee said...

thank you for caring ~